Saturday, June 27, 2009

Jai Mata Di

God…
don’t we all somewhere somehow believe in HIM?
He is the giver. Of Life. Of Luxuries. Of Feelings. Of Emotions. Of Everything.

But yet, we humans deem it necessary to be beggars all our lives. Every step we keep asking for something or the other.
As a child, for more playtime. Or better/more marks in school. Or for better/more friends. Or for better/more girl/boy friends. Or more time away from parents.
As teenagers, for more playtime. Or for better/more friends. Or for better/more girl/boy friends. Or more time away from parents. (This is no typo…c'mon u all know we’ve lived thru all this.)
When we start working, we ask for better pay. A better boss, whoz a lesser d*** than the previous. Better colleagues, who know how to waste time near the water cooler or the coffee machine. For a better half, whoz better off dim wit. A better life, and good kids (who’d eventually throw u outta home).

Fine, u ask the Lord for what you want. But why do u want to bribe HIM???
“Lord, if u grant me this, I’ll take a shower (finally after 5 years).”
“Lord, if u grant me this, I’ll walk home every night from the bar, on my feet.”
“Lord, if u grant me this, I’ll stop being the pain in the arse that I usually am and won’t push people in the man-holes on the road.”
“Lord, if u grant me this, I wont be a bitch to my maids. Or my security guards. Or my family. Or friends. Or to people in general.”

Btw, just so that u know, God ain’t looking for instant gratification.
Hez the Almighty, for a valid reason. Coz Hez got it all.
Hez the one who knows our needs and deeds. Our wants and desires. We don’t have to tell him. It’s His wish to give or take from us, as and when we deserve.

Well, I’m not going all gung-ho about God and his ways. And no offence to anyone reading this and taking it the wrong way in his/her head. I’m God’s favorite child. And hence so “special”.
I like the praises we sing for Him.
Particularly, “Jai Mata Di”. Coz it brings in me a crazy tick.
“Jai Mata Di…te main papa di” hehehe…
(Jai belongs to Mom, and I belong to my Dad…hehehe…)
Only the happy-go-lucky Punjabiz can interpret this.

No comments: