Sunday, August 10, 2008

Sheesshh!!!

I saw a commercial for Final Destination IV.
This struck me odd, because I figured the first time they mentioned that it was THE Final Destination, they knew what the fuck they were talking about. How can you have more than one if it is the "Final" anything?

Let me try to contrast and compare other "Finals" that we are familiar with to prove my point:

1. "You're finally here".....not...."You're finally here for the 4th friggin’ time" (the word "friggin’" makes anything that much cooler and clairvoyant.)

2. "I have a final exam coming up".....not......"I have three finals in this class and then a final final at the end of the fourth trimester, second verse, of ye paragonal googleplex fortnight."---see, the second is such a ridiculous use of "final" that it completely threw off the integrity of the entire conversation....the conversation couldn't even handle it.

SOOOOOOO, as you can clearly see. Final Destination IV!? No thanks mister. You had your finish III FD’s ago and you need to just walk away from the title.......the "Final Title", which you got 3 more of later on down the road............god dammit.

No comments: